Product: Breville Smart Oven Pro
Warrant: One year Limited
Check this out at Amazon
What is convection cooking?
It is heating food using the circulation of hot air. A fan is used to circulate the heat evenly.
The hot air is circulated within the oven, which speed up the heating time by forcing the cold air to the bottom. This process will evenly cook the food in the oven.
Why convection oven cooking .
The convection oven cooks 30% faster than non-convection. Everyone has busy schedules these days, so cooking needs to be done as quickly as possible. Convection oven cooking is a great way to do this. This oven will do many of the things the oven in your stove will do only faster.
A conventional oven only allows you to place the food in the center of the rack. Multiple dishes in a conventional oven will not cook evenly as the air is not circulated evenly. Preheating time is longer so it takes more energy. A convection oven will allow you to do all of this and more.
Breville Smart oven Pro is constructed from brushed stainless steel. It is 15-3/4 x 18-1/2 x 11 in size. The cavity is large enough to hold a 9 x 13 pan, and has non-stick coating for easy cleanup. One rack comes with the oven but another one can be purchased and will work as the shelves are adjustable. A 2 pc broiler pan and a pizza pan are part of the package. The oven temperature ranges from 150 degrees to a high of 500 degrees.
The Breville Smart Oven Pro has an interior light to allow you to see your food as it cooks. There are 10 preset cooking functions that allow you to make 6 slices of toast or bagels at one time which is great for morning breakfast. The preset functions are toast, bagel bake, roast, broil, pizza, cookies, reheat, warm and slow cook. The settings will allow you to put your food in the oven and a push a button to start the process. This oven is large enough to roast a whole chicken. This makes convection oven cooking easy.
The smart element IQ smart heat has 1800 Watts of power which transfers heat across 5 quartz elements for precise and stable heat. The heat is automatically adjusted to maintain the same temperature during the cooking process. You will have prefect results every time. With this much heating power your convection oven will preheat much faster.
- Heats food using circulation of hot air by heating element and fan.
- The food cooks faster saving energy.
- Stackable rack, can cook more than one dish at a time and food will cook evenly.
- Place dish anywhere in oven and it will cook evenly.
- Aluminum foil can be used just be careful not to touch the sides or back of oven
- Extra warranty is available
- Recipes will need some adjustments, it is best to find convection oven cooking recipes.
- Dough will not rise, need regular oven.
- Cannot cover or block the fan.
- Fan is an extra part that can fail but most ovens last a very long time without this problem.
Convection oven cooking is going to cut down on the time it takes to cook your meal. It will be more energy efficient. Breville Smart Oven Pro is made by a company that was founded in 1932 and has become a global icon in the kitchen appliances and delivers to over 70 countries.
There are many features that will make cooking by convection easier and faster than the conventional oven. If you are thinking of adding an extra oven, I think you will find the Breville Smart Oven Pro will more than meet you needs and expectations.
Directions for Simple baked Chicken
- Preheat convection oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with salt and Creole seasoning.
- Place chicken in a broiler pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. …
- Remove chicken from pan.
You can find many recipes online for convection oven cooking , plus you can find how to adjust ingredients for your own recipes. Cooking with convection is not complicated. Enjoy the delicious food you are about to prepare.
I hope this is informative to you and helps in your decision.
If you have any question or comments please feel free to leave them below. I will get back to you a soon as I can.