- Product: Breville Smart Grill
- Place to buy: Check it out at Amazon
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Extended Warranty Available
Outdoor grilling is a favorite thing to do for many people but there are times when it just isn’t possible. Breville Smart grill allows you to grill in your kitchen on the counter top. Just open the grill all the way for barbecue grill mode. On the days that it is cold and snowy or too hot outside you can enjoy the same delicious barbecue that you would from grilling outside. While researching for my barbecue grill review, I found the Breville to have the highest quality materials and technology.
What is a Smart Grill
The Element IQ technology detects heat loss and provides rapid recovery, which is necessary for searing meat. The Breville Snart Grill is constructed from Brushed Stainless Steel. The plates are designed from premium quality, non-stick cast aluminum, which makes for easy cleanup. They are PFOA free. The dimension are 14″ x 14″ x 5 3/4″ making it small enough for counter top grilling.
320 degrees- 450F degrees variable temperature control, which allow you to have a low setting for fixing a Panini, and Sear Modes, high setting for searing any type of meat.
6 adjustable height settings. The height between the top and bottom plate is adjustable, allowing you to press either large or small sandwiches There is a ribbed plate and a flat plate, and both plates are removable and interchangeable so you can choose the plate that works for whatever you may be making. The removable plates clean up easily.
What can it do?
The flat and ribbed plates allow you to cook eggs, pancakes, panini’s, open-faced sandwiches and many other things. For barbecue, the oven opens all the way to give you more space for cooking. Extra plates can be purchased at Amazon if you need two flat or two ribbed. The temperature control lets you set the heat where you want, up to 450 degrees, for perfect grilling every time. The drippings from both plates will drain into the removable, easy to clean, drip pan. The base can be adjusted to tilt for proper fat drainage.
There is a timer control dial that allows you to set the cooking time and will alert you when time is up. You can be doing other things. LCD digital display tells you when the plates are preheated and counts down the cooking time.
- Element IQ Technology for fast heat recovery
- Low to High Heat settings allows for versatile cooking from sandwiches to steak and Barbecue.
- Removable plates, easy cleanup, dishwasher safe.
- Counter top Size
- Brushed Stainless Steel
- Adjustable plate tilt plate allows drippings to run off.
- Cast Aluminum Non-stick. Premium Quality, PFOA (Perfluorooctanoic acid) Free
- May need to replace plates after a period. Non stick wears off.
- Sometimes dripping end up on counter top.
The Breville Smart Grill has the lasted technology and can be used for cooking many foods from barbecue to eggs and so much more. It isn’t over sized and will sit will one your counter top. It is attractive and will look great in your kitchen.
My barbecue grill review has found that the Breville Brand is well respected in several countries and is considered a top brand in the industry. As you can see, there are not many people finding issues with this product.
I hope you have learned from my review and can make an educated decision when buying this or any other grill. Thanks for reading. I appreciate any comments you have or any questions. Please feel free to leave either a comment or a question below and I will get back to you a soon as I can.
A recipe to use with your grill.
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 10 min Total Time: 15 min .
Servings: 1 Ingredients: 6-8 slices of deli ham (add more if you want a heftier sandwich) Cheddar cheese, sliced ½ apple, cored and thinly sliced 2 slices bread ½ tablespoon butter.
1. Heat panini press to approximately 375˚F.
2. Melt butter in a frying pan.
3. Place ham slices in the pan when butter is melted. Cook until browned (about 4 minutes), flipping them over halfway through.
4. While the ham cooks, thinly slice your apple. The thin slices will release some of the apple’s juices to keep your panini from getting soggy. .
5. Layer fried ham, cheddar and apple slices onto your bread. Top with other slice of bread. .
6. Press the sandwich in the panini maker for 3-5 minutes, until bread starts to brown.